Wednesday, November 5, 2008

First Award!

Thank you for all your insightful comments on yesterday's post. I know it was heavy - but rest assured that today's post is very non-heavy!

Liz over at Mainly A Midwife gave me this award!

Thank you, Liz! Liz is pregnant, too, and turns out she's due just a few days before I am! It's going to be a really fun 2009 with all the babies!

I was pretty happy to receive my first award. Mainly because I don't write as often as some people do, but I'm thinking that's changing now that I've got a baby cooking. Nothing much is happening right now that I can tell. I really don't feel pregnant! I keep thinking that I'm going to go for my first ultrasound appointment and they're going to look at me and say "There's nothing in there".

Here are a few reasons I actually feel pregnant:

1. I was in bed by 9pm last night
2. I have been having the most horrific, very realistic dreams
3. I'm bloated (one woman even said to me yesterday "Oh, you look like you're showing a little bit already!" to which I replied, "Nope, I'm just fat")
4. I'm tired all of the time.
5. The only thing that has really sounded good lately is Ramen (although last night I would have walked to Dairy Queen barefoot in the rain to get their chicken strips basket)

I don't feel sick yet which I'm thankful for, but I realize it could still hit at any moment.

Okay, along with the award there are rules. So, to those I give this award to, you can follow the rules or not, but here they are!

1. Name 5 things that you love.

2. Pass along the award to the blogs you love.

3. Please link back to my blog.

I love: My Savior, my husband, my family (both sides!), my freedom, and my pup.

I'm going to give this award to:

Becky over at Smile, It's Becky. Her posts are always so funny and I just love to read her "Not Me Mondays" and her experiences as a little person teacher!

Brie over at My Home, My Life. She's not afraid to stand up for what she believes in, and she was so patient with me while I created a header for her cute blog. Especially now that neither one of us can figure out how to get that crummy border to stop messing with the header!

Bev over at A Baby? Maybe... because she makes me laugh. She's a really great writer and although I wish she would post more often, I really can't complain since she's busy preparing for her baby girl!

Whitney over at My Journey Toward: The Glamorous Life of a Housewife. I have to give her one - she posts almost every day and they're all equally entertaining. Plus, she's a preggo too and right now I have a soft spot for Mamas-to-be. Especially preggos in their first trimester - it's so nerve-racking.

So, there you have it. Happy Award Day!

Sidenote from a non-political person: I'm saddened by the results of the election, but I trust God's will has been done and I will submit to the leadership as the Scriptures instruct me to do.

5 comments commented:

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

Aw, thank you so much for the award! I love it! :)

I, too, have a soft spot for preggy women right now. And girl, all of your reasons you feel pregnant - I FEEL THEM TOO!!! AHHH!! One day we will feel human again!

Melissa M said...

Thanks for the last note on the election. I, too, will have to have faith in God's plan and respect the authority now placed in Obama's hands. I am, however, quite relieved that our country has a checks and balances system for governing. Hopefully, our other elected officials will keep things in check!

Love you blog!

My home - My life said...

Thanks for the award - you are so sweet! You should get the award for putting up with me! haha

Laura said...

Hello! New reader here :D Love your blog!

Diane said...

Prepare to continue being tired. It takes soooo much energy to grow a baby :) Nap whenever you can.

I'm really very happy for you! It's amazing that 3 sisters are expecting at the same time. I see lots of close cousins in the future :)