I've been tagged by Vintage Mommy and Diane.
I'm supposed to state 7 random or weird facts about myself. After seeing what others wrote about themselves, I'm certain mine won't be as interesting but I'll give it a shot!
1. I've lived in 7 different states. In order lived (if there's a slash between cities, it means I've lived in more than one city in that state)...
Temple Terrace, FL
2. When I was around 8 years old I almost drowned at the local swimming pool. I was sitting on the edge of the deep end watching the divers with my twin and I saw a boy that I knew from school. I told him that a girl in my class liked him (I was on assignment - she asked me to) and he responded by shoving his foot into my back and pushing me into the deep end. I didn't know how to swim so I remember vividly grabbing onto my sister's legs to surface. It was scary... very scary. My mom went and scolded the boy but I didn't think she scolded him enough :)
3. When I was in 3rd grade I told my teacher, Ms. Pitts, that she reminded me of my aunt. Ms. Pitts was probably 50 years old and a chain smoker. My aunt was probably 20 at the time and not a smoker. I maintain that when Ms. Pitts gave hugs it felt like I was hugging my aunt. They were both skinny as a rail. I remember a project we had on Valentine's Day where we were to cut out a big red construction paper heart and pass it around the room and everyone was to write one nice thing about that person's heart. Ms. Pitts wrote "I like that you say I remind you of your aunt". Well, no wonder.
4. I have a birthmark on my upper lip. It's light pink and maybe the size of an M&M. Half of the M&M is on my actual lip and the other half is above it. When I was little other kids would rarely notice it, but when they did they asked if I had Kool-Aid on my lip. As I got older, some people thought it was lipstick and every time I got a new doctor or dentist I was asked about herpes. Uh, nope. It's a birthmark. I really forget about it usually.
5. I want to be a Kindergarten teacher. Real bad. So badly that I can't wait to have kids so I can volunteer in their classroom. I just love everything about Kindergarten. It would be so fun to get to teach those young minds every day and do it in a fun way! Reading corners, letters of the week, etc. How fun!
6. When I was 7, I went with my family to my younger sister's basketball game and while there I drew a picture of a cow in my sketch pad. I showed my mom and the next day she took me to get art supplies. Ever since then I've loved to draw and paint and everything having anything to do with being creative. Sorry that doesn't really fit into the category of "weird" or "random", but there you have it.
7. D, his friend Jason, and Jason's wife Lisa and I went to Giggles Comedy Club a few years ago. We were at the front of the line when all of a sudden this tall guy walks to the front of the line and tells the guy taking tickets that he knows the comedian. Jason, Lisa, and D recognized him before I did. It was Kevin Nealon (you know, from SNL). Since it's been so long, I don't really remember the details of the conversation, but basically the guy taking tickets didn't recognize Mr. Nealon. Let me interject something...if you're going to work at a comedy club, at least be familiar with SNL comedians. Come on. Anyway, I love that Mr. Nealon never, ever said "Don't you know who I am?" Lisa finally said to the ticket guy "Don't you know who he is?!" and finally the guy got a clue and took him back to the comedian's dresssing room. But Mr. Nealon was just going to accept that he wasn't recognized and leave the club. Gotta love a celebrity who isn't full of himself.
I promise you that when I hit "Publish Post", I'm going to automatically think of 7 things about me that actually are ten times more interesting than the stuff you just read.
Mainly a Midwife
Together by Ree
1 week ago