Sunday, February 20, 2011

A New Arrival


The thought occured to me today that between my two sisters and I, we have given birth 5 times in the last 2 years.  I've given birth once so perhaps this isn't my bragging point.

My sister, Lindsay, gave birth to her second beautiful daughter on Saturday.  Lainey Elizabeth bolted into the world around 11am after a not-so-long labor and only a few minutes of pushing.  Amazing.  I would love to say that we were able to make it in time for me to see her be born but she came so fast that we were still on the road.  I have yet to witness one of my sisters giving birth - or anyone for that matter.  I've only been in the driver's seat in that situation, so to speak.   Lainey is beautiful!  She looks so much like her big sister, Kate.  Lainey's oxygen levels were a little low so she has been in the NICU since Saturday evening.  We are praying for her to be released tomorrow.

Amelia is growing up fast.  Too fast.  Let me rephrase that.  I haven't met an age of hers I didn't like better than the age before it.  Up until a couple of months ago I wasn't even ready to entertain the idea of another newborn in our house.  I love that Amelia can mostly understand and respond to what I say to her or ask of her.  Car trips can still be a little brutal, but we never have to stop on the 3-hour drive to Portland anymore.  If she gets bored I give her another book or a Fruit by the Foot ("loll-ups" as Amelia calls them).

We recently went to Florida on vacation and had such a good time.  We stayed with friends who were amazing hosts - we didn't want to leave!  We initially went down there for my college reunion.  I went to a small, 2-year liberal arts school and I actually left one semester early but they consider me part of the class anyway and for that I'm grateful.  It was fun to reconnect with my classmates.  We drove into Orlando for a quick trip one afternoon and walked around Downtown Disney (it's FREE).  We had no desire to spend the $200 on one theme park for one day when our 19-month-old would likely last 2 hours. 


I need to be better at blogging.  I am wanting to ramble because these stories need backstories but I don't have the time or energy (my family is currently fighting a nasty cold) to expand on this topic.

We had fun.  How's that?

We ate all the Chic-Fil-A and Dunkin Donuts we could handle.  Washington state needs to step up their fast-food game.

I will write tomorrow.  I must document the eating habits of my child so that when her child gives her a hard time about food I can show her a post that exactly portrays my true feelings as they are in the moment.  I'll give you a sneak peek:  complete and utter frustration.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul & strength.  He deserves more than we could give so give everything you can.

Have a good Monday!

1 comments commented:

byLGD Glass Jewelry said...

jamie? where did you go to college? my husband went to a private christian college in lakeland... Southeastern. is that the school? it's a long shot but i thought i'd ask. :) i went to Evangel (missouri) and jeff (hubby) transferred to North Central Bible College and finished there. anyway, just thought i'd ask! lol